Tuesday, September 1, 2015

23 Days of Summer

Summer is still going strong here in our little corner of the world. Tender, red tomatoes and crisp cucumbers are paying no mind that today is the First of September. I myself almost forgot that we will be changing seasons again soon enough. While I love Autumn with all my heart, I am relishing the few weeks of summer that we have left.

Mid-August, we took a much-needed vacation to Topsail Island, North Carolina. There was much fun, much rest, much food, and much photo-taking. We returned home rejuvenated and ready to kick-butt on our homestead again. (Though... I do miss seeing the sun rise over the Atlantic, every morning.)


Sunrise on Topsail Island - August 2015
There is still much to do, before I will feel comfortable welcoming Autumn (and with it all things pumpkin spiced!)... Wood to be split and stacked, another bedroom floor to be refinished, a fall garden to be planted (hopefully?)... All will be completed in good time. I have 22 days of Summer left.

No comments:

Post a Comment